[Homeroast] Problem: My family wants my roasted coffee

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 14:12:46 CDT 2010

Kevin,

It's been my experience that you will find out quickly how much they
really like your coffee by charging them for it.  If something doesn't
cost the majority of people something that is the value they place on
it...nothing!    An occasional gift....like birthdays, Christmas is
one thing but to supply them coffee routinely would be taking
advantage of your generosity and kindness.  If they invite you to
their home for dinner or to a restaurant then I think it's appropriate
to take them a pound or two of your coffee.

Based on my calculations you have been roasting around 2.3 pounds a
week which is most likely just barely covering your usage.

Good luck!