[Homeroast] Problem: My family wants my roasted coffee

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Sep 13 12:01:00 CDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Sergio Kusevitzky wrote:

> It happened to me also 2.5 years ago. There was no practical way to convince
> them to roast by themselves.
> Therefore I upgraded from my Alpenroast to the Maggiolino:
> http://salestores.com/coffeetechma.html (I paid 2K$ buying from the
> manufacturer)
>
> I have now much more fun. I roast 4-5 different types per session to get 4-5lbs.
> (1-1.5 hour)
> There is enough coffee to generate interesting blends!
> When my family/friends ask for more... it is just perfect for me to have a
> special session for them!
>
> In my case... I gave up and upgraded!

100-400 grams batch capacity?
I can do about that with my $15 heat gun, and cool with my Percoolator.

http://www.radioactive.org/pix/percoolator/percoolator2.jpg

It's a percolator brew basket with a big fan attached to the bottom :D

http://www.radioactive.org/pix/percoolator/percoolator3.jpg

I'm currently running 350g batches.
Might up it t 400g. I'm going through a lot of espresso at the office now that I have a commercial machine at my desk.
-
allon