[Homeroast] Grinder for Vac Pot

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 11:52:00 CDT 2010

You are using the same grinder I have so I will ask you. Bits of thread on
the chamber are starting to come off so that it has to be turned in tighter
and finer. Haven't yet been able to find a replacement chamber (but now that
I have a model number maybe) have you had any problem like this?
Jim

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Phil Palmintere <phil.palmintere at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Ginny,
>
> I currently am using a low-end Cuisinart DBM-8 burr grinder for the vac
> pot.
> On this grinder, I grind at about 6 on the scale.  I don't have the
> experience with higher end grinders to really be able to intelligently
> compare the output -- but one feature that is nice is it is easy to
> disassemble to clean (I disassemble it after each use to brush out all
> remaining coffee grinds & blow with compressed air) so I don't get
> yesterday's stale coffee grinds mixed in with today's fresh grinds.
>

> On a side note, this morning I have Kenya Nyeri Peaberri Kieni, roasted
> just
> to just before the start of 2nd crack on Saturday with a Gene Café.  This
> is
> a great cup of coffee!
>
> --phil

"Idiots are so much fun! Thats why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.