[Homeroast] Grinder for Vac Pot

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 11:03:56 CDT 2010

Ginny,

I currently am using a low-end Cuisinart DBM-8 burr grinder for the vac pot.
On this grinder, I grind at about 6 on the scale.  I don't have the
experience with higher end grinders to really be able to intelligently
compare the output -- but one feature that is nice is it is easy to
disassemble to clean (I disassemble it after each use to brush out all
remaining coffee grinds & blow with compressed air) so I don't get
yesterday's stale coffee grinds mixed in with today's fresh grinds.

On a side note, this morning I have Kenya Nyeri Peaberri Kieni, roasted just
to just before the start of 2nd crack on Saturday with a Gene Café.  This is
a great cup of coffee!

--phil