[Homeroast] hacking a silvia portafilter

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Sep 13 09:01:50 CDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 3:50 AM, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:

> (If the specific heat of brass is supposed to stabilize the temperature of
> water, it's already a bust.) The specific heat of water is higher than brass
> and there is virtually no contact or heat exchange, even with a normal p/f.
> None at all in the tricked-out bottomless ones.

I think that the problem being solved by keeping the PF hot is not that it will suck heat out of the water while extracting but that it will suck heat out of the group head.

It will no matter what, but it will be less of a factor if the PF is up to temp.

One could always go with the freezaporto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEfbO1hLlA

-
allon