[Homeroast] Got my HotTop roaster this week morph to Small Batches in HotTops

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 22:17:13 CDT 2010

It's not a question of whether the roaster (machine) can deal with small
batches it's whether the roaster (insert person's name) can deal with small
batches. Yes, I've roasted 1/8lb (2oz) HT batches when I had a ~1/2lb greens
sample I wanted to sample roast both for defect (2oz very light roast) and
then roast the rest more a possible production degree of roast. Obviously
2oz versus 6 or 8oz batches you'll apply heat etc. very differently.

Any roaster can do less than it's maximum capacity batch down to one bean
given proper control of the roaster. Though in truth I've never roasted just
one bean. I have however roasted a 28g batch targeting enough for a double
shot (with change) just for giggles.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/