[Homeroast] hacking a silvia portafilter

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:39:27 CDT 2010

So, I was planning to hack off the bottom of the portafilter from my old
Silvia, but I noticed that the section that the handle screws into
encroaches on the area that I would be cutting out.

Has anyone here ever tried cutting the bottom out of one of these? (It's
from about a 6 year old Silvia, not the current generation).

I hate to hack up my nice heavy portafilters that came with my current
machine, so I'm hoping I can use this one.

--mike