[Homeroast] fear of coffee stockpiling as prices climb

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 23:46:05 CDT 2010

Indeed, Farm Gate seems a great way to go.

But wait, what about people in business who don't have tens of thousands of
dollars to spend all at once to travel to countless countries visiting and
developing relationships with farmers? It takes many many years to develop
Farm Gate arrangements. Think Tom was doing a bunch of Farm Gate Coffees
when he first started Sweet Maria's years ago? Me thinks not.

Cost of greens going up 80 cents a pound in six months (over 50% increase)
hurts big time and makes it extremely difficult for start-up quality focused
roasters to survive, especially in the middle of a deep recession where
wholesale customers and yourself are barely keeping the doors open already.
The Futures Market trading including coffee, which Specialty Coffee Greens
prices are based on, are basically akin to legalized gambling by big time
money players.

This time Rayo you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Stick to
engineering and electronics.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/