[Homeroast] Grinder for Vac Pot

Michael Irrera mirrera at me.com
Wed Sep 8 12:41:45 CDT 2010

Jim,

That's not been my experience with the vac pot.  Certainly when using the paper filter contraption, it's more forgiving, and you may be able to get away with "practically anything".  But most vac pot users that I've been exposed to eventually convert to a glass rod filter, which can easily be clogged with fines, so a consistent, coarser-than-espresso grind is necessary (no plurimodal distribution desired here).

Or, you can sift the grounds, but that seems a bit like work to me.

-AdkMike