[Homeroast] Espresso Progress

Sergio Kusevitzky sergio_kuse at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 06:16:09 CDT 2010

Ohhh.... THE question.
I roast my coffee for 14 years already and this question comes to me very often.

I blend post roast. Because I enjoy having a few SO espressos as well. Or...
having the chance to combine different proportions of the different coffees in a
blend.
It is part of the joy. Checking if I can "feel" the contribution of each one to
the blend and checking blend variations for next time.
It is part of my personality... getting bored and looking for new tastes!

However, after saying that, you can try to roast them together. I got good
results when pre-blending coffees if the roast is somehow "slow" at the
beginning to "dry" the beans first and then a strong hot end.

Anyhow, I'm a "post-roast blender"

Sergio

"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"
"Por favor, considere su responsabilidad por el medio ambiente antes de imprimir
este mensaje"