[Homeroast] Espresso Progress

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Tue Sep 7 14:17:52 CDT 2010

Awesome to hear. Have you seen SM's espresso pages?  They have a page within the pages dedicated to blending for espresso:http://www.sweetmarias.com/espresso-specifics1.phpStart with what you got!Pull SO shots of each and see what you like or don't like about each.If i had your coffees i'd play with costra rica and sumatra blends...leaning to more costra rica than sumatra.  then maybe throw a little bit of australia in there just to see what happens.Having not roasted the exact same beans you have i'm not certain how it'll turn out but I'd guess the Costa Rica would give some body and smoothness and the sumatra would bring an interesting bite.But start by pulling SO of 'em all!Just don't get crazy.  My stomach lurches when i see "7 bean blends"  thats just me though.  Some say they can taste the difference and like them better.  Not me.
Michael Bb'ham, AL