[Homeroast] Espresso Progress

michael kaericher mike_kae at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 12:04:53 CDT 2010

If you are concerned about buying the right blind filter, you can also get a rubber stopper (just a thin rubber disk) that you put at the bottom of your normal basket to seal off the holes.  I had one of these when I had a Solis SL-90.  With my Euro2000, I have a dedicated blind flush PF.

As for the best coffee to roast for espresso.  That's what the sampler packs are for.  Get one and specify "espresso".  That said you can't go wrong with the SM blends either.  I've tried blending myself, but even my melange roasted blends tend to be inferior to the SM pre-blended greens (while I am sure that there are many roaster for whom this is not true, I am just saying that the SM blends are very good).  OTOH, the blending provides some versatility as many SO coffees are great drip brewed as well as a component for espresso (Central Americans, and Ethiopians would be high on my lists here).