[Homeroast] GeneCAfe question...

Ken Knott esprcorn at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 08:50:31 CDT 2010

I supposed I should have mentioned that I clean the chaff collector regularly.  And frankly, it's never been clogged to begin with.  I can always see through all the little holes, quite clearly.  So yes, it 'could be' due to poor cleaning and maintenance, but its not and I personally think its an overly hyped excuse.

I will check the intake screen, but having checked that previously and found zero evidence of 'dirtyness', I doubt it.

This is a replacement heater, which I installed about a year ago after the first died, and frankly it has never really worked quite right. It has always done this, but it gets close enough to the top of the heating range that I've always been able to get by with its.  I just noticed this last batch for the first time, that the heater was cycling on and off before even reaching the set temp so I thought that might be a clue to relate.

Sorry, if I came off grumpy... VT lost a big game last night and I'm a die hard Hokie...

Ken