[Homeroast] GeneCAfe question...

John A C Despres johndespres at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:32:25 CDT 2010

Rayo, many Gene Cafe users set their high temp at 482F and pull their roasts
at whatever point they like based on audible and visual clues. I've never
heard of anyone getting their roaster all the way to 482F. I set mine to
460F or 465F. My days of high at 482F are behind me. I usually hit first
crack at about 455F on the environment temp thermometer. But then, we know
first happens at roughly 400F bean temp regardless of ET.

John