[Homeroast] Really enjoying my ChemEx!!!

Ken Knott esprcorn at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 13:37:15 CDT 2010

Just got a 6 cup ChemEx and it is fantastic.  I'd been doing french press previously.

Does anyone have any secret tips or advice?  I'm basically following the advice from sweet marias right now.

What is the idea grind for it?  I'm still doing a fairly coarse grind, but I think maybe it's passing through the filter a little too rapidly.

Also, how much water do you add each pour?  Just covering the grinds?  Seems hard to judge...

Thanks,

Ken