[Homeroast] Finally - today's cup!

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 02:53:48 CDT 2010

" I didn't have to wait yet another day to dump those awful, bitter,
oh-why-did-I-even-try them grocery store beans."

But did you wait the nuther day to not try them grocery store beans? Fie if
you did!

Lynne, Lynne, Lynne- would that I had read your post months ago.  While
wandering through a store whose logo consists of a big red spot and
concentric red rings, I happened on the nice-looking bins in the staling
aisle.

What's the attraction of roasted coffee beans- columns of sexy-looking beans
in oxygen/cardox displacement chimneys?  The brand was Archie's Farm or
Archer Farms.  I have to half-step a little- Grinders are almost objects of
veneration- only thing is, they can't do the impossible. Of course I knew,
nitwit had a caseless hope...

The Final Solution was a certain sepulchral ceremony: "Out of sight, out of
mind."  No nuther day for them Archie's Farm beans.  Couldn't do it fast
enough. Almost like it never happened, they actually refunded my $9 and
looked at me with the "Bakit mo tinatinong?" stare.

Grinding the Ethiopia Sidamo at 19.5 was right on for the next-to-last of
this 24 Aug roast. Grinder made Wonderful odors in the frothing pitcher.
Toss a mountain in the porta-filter, watch it collapse as I vibrate it
against the pf fork.  My morning is planned.  Last shot of this E. Sidamo at
11 days.

Pick a sample, maybe this Rwanda Gkongoro Nyarusiza. Force myself to cool it
180s after 1st starts, for a C+ roast. Try to ensure 1st is all done when
time's up. Great for this E. Sidamo- even at 3m, 1st was not all done,
flavors as advertised after a bright early brew.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!
--
Persist in the old; expect something different to happen - hope the Insanity
is only temporary...