[Homeroast] that Nekkid bottomless Portafilter

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed Sep 1 23:07:38 CDT 2010

Start of pump/shot OR more precisely start of shot after "end of
pre-infusion". With a vibe pump this means around 25 plus about 5 to 6sec
(with E-61 group and rotary around +3) from pushing button/pulling up
leverette on E-61 etc.

Hell, you can screw up a build so start of beading isn't until 30 or 60
seconds or even longer! Not long ago switch out the SO grinder to a
different SO and first beading was a full minute with a whopping ~0.5oz
after 2 minutes, so most definetly ya don't time your shots from start of
seeing espresso come down:)

So if you counted 30sec from pushing the button with a vibe right on the
"start of dial it in to taste" money. (Didn't watch the video so don't know
if vibe or rotary...)

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/