[Homeroast] RIP Caffe Rosto

Dean dean_schaffran at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 1 22:04:37 CDT 2010

  I also had one of my 2 Rostos give it up recently after 5-6 years of
steady use and the occasional repair--bypassing the thermal fuse,
scraping and/or blowing out the gunk--and a few mods (installed
thermocouples, split wiring).  This time it was a motor bearing that I
can't readily repair.   And just when I was getting the hang of it.......

I felt like I had to replace it (no spare?!?!!!) but since the iRoast
was (is?) out of stock I was >forced< to get a Behmor.  It's been
about a month--still learning the ropes, but I'm warming up to it.
It's easy to like the capacity.

Probably more than a few Rosto users on the list--free advice is only
a careless question away!

Condolences & best regards,

Dean

roasting in da weeds