[Homeroast] Single shot basket/dosing > was that Nekkid bottomless Portafilter

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 21:38:50 CDT 2010

Ah... foot in mouth.  Earlier I said I saw no merit to a splitter... BUT now I eat the words.

If you want a single shot, load a double basket into a spouted PF, pull a double and waste one of them.  I use the term waste because it is.

If someone could pull me a fantastic shot out of a single I'd be more than willing to change my opinion, but typically those same baristas can turn around and pull me a better shot out of a double basket.

-bry
Bryan Wray
Compass Coffee
360.831.1480
Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens