[Homeroast] Behmor Roast Control

michael kaericher mike_kae at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 10:08:44 CDT 2010

I use a digital thermometer to measure the effect of opening the door.  Starting with 1C (after the second audible crack and before a rolling 1C), I tend to open the door just a enough so that environmental temp climbs very slowley (sorry, I'm not sophisticated enough to say what the rate of rise is).  This used to mean that I opened it about 1/2 to 1 inch for about 2-3 seconds of every 10-15.  Lately, I just keep it opened a very small amount the whole time.

My thermocouple is attached to drum hanging shelf on the left side of the behmor interior with a loose overhand knot.  I find that this location doesn't result in wild temp changes with the door cracking open.

-Mike