[Homeroast] Behmor Roast Control

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 04:24:26 CDT 2010

Greetings, great group,

Apparently some Behmor Roaster users use Door-opening to slow their roasts, in lieu of a better control option.  I think I have successfully prolonged the interval between First Crack and Second Crack this way, with some encouraging results.  One worry is Baking the roast (letting the Environment Temperature Fall off too far, while attempting to just slow the progress but not stall it).

What's the best way to use door-opening as a "speed control" with a Behmor?  If you open the door, how far open and for how long do you do this?  What's your cue to begin the door-opening process?  When using this approach, how do you decide on EOR? Any other hints are also very welcome.

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder