[Homeroast] Quest M3

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:33:09 CDT 2010

Ricky's learning curve? Ricky's will be preceded by those of Tom Owen and
the M-3's manufacturer and brokers who, according to Tom's video, are vexed
by the machine's proclivity to shell out heating elements.

It's none of my business, but electric toasters and coffee pots seem to have
solved the very primary problem of large inrush currents involved in
repeated hard-starting of electric heating devices even from cold to red
heat without a sophisticated soft-start switch or other complication.

One of my first introductions to the QM-3 was Tom's video. It might as well
have been captioned "Here's a New Drum Roaster that is currently SNAFU, but
should be debugged soon.

   - Between heater failures, here's a roast demo..."

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

The Learning Curve is I-70 west of Denver. I hear an overturned semi
hasn't...