[Homeroast] GCQRI ???

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:49:07 CDT 2010

Monsanto Chair- Is it a heavy ceramic thing with a lever? Even with all
membrane technology, it will still be * * * *.
The Nobel Prize is being obscured as the most prestigious award in its
field. Can you see the Nobel Prize for the Most Engineered Stable Coffee
Origins, or Roundup fertilizer, "When Performance Counts."

When Elvis and the Beatles were "It," I preferred the crunch of coffee beans
in the mouth to the vacuum-brewed coffee I brewed for my folks. (Wonder why
they both liked cream- from a cream separator- and sugar?)

My record collection included "Jailhouse Rock" on a 78, "the Nut-Cracker"
suite on some 45 rpm EP's, Khachaturian's piano concerto and several
different performances of Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite on 33-1/3 rpm LP's. Not
PC. No prize, but I like it.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Edward Bourgeois <edbourgeois at gmail.com>wrote:

> The Borlaug Institute
> Monsanto has donated $2.5 million to Texas A&M University to fund the
> Borlaug-Monsanto Chair for Plant Breeding and International Crop
> Improvement. The chair is named in honor of Norman Borlaug who won the
> 1970 Nobel Peace Prize for his work in plant breeding.
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Edward Bourgeois
> <edbourgeois at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So they're genome mapping coffee. They're wondering why some varietals
> > have good results in many areas. No mention of soil health. Sounds
> > like the start of a outside inputs based and controlled system. Farmer
> > must be under contract and are forced to plant certain (gm?) seeds,
> > use certain fertilizers/supplements/pest controllers etc. Quality and
> > consistency will improve, sort of. You may be able to grow Kenyan and
> > Colombian on the same farm in Florida if they take it far enough. Oh
> > happy day.
> > So what if there's nothing from a blueberry in a Krispy kreme
> > blueberry doughnut.
> > --
> > Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
> > Amherst MA.
> > http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/
> >

> --
> Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
> Amherst MA.
> http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...