[Homeroast] External Environmental Impact on Taste

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:34:26 CDT 2010

I have been a cook/chef most of my life. One of the things I have learned about the things I taste is that things change. Much has been discussed here about the effect on the food product but one thing that changes is our taste. These changes occur due to sophistication of the consumer but also due to health status, age, physical location and even what we had for dinner last night and changing toothpaste. Consider these impacts when comparing food products from day to day.

In my experience food that is very consistent is not great. Think Budweiser beer. AB takes great pride in the fact that their beer taste the same. Which to my palate is bad. But Is still quite an accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone