[Homeroast] Subject: Re: Sour smelling & tasting beans...

Cameron Forde ceforde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:47:59 CDT 2010

Hi Sheila,

I believe that green beans should not be assessed duty or tax under
NAFTA.  I had to pay the first time I had greens shipped.  I promptly
applied for and received a refund.  Since then all my other shipments
have come through without the duty and tax.

As for roasting decaf beans, I usually increase the batch size in my
hottop (300 g instead of 250 g).  The larger decaf load roasts with
the same profile as the regular beans.  For Tom's espresso donkey
blend I roast about 15 s into 2nd crack.

Hope that helps,

Cameron