[Homeroast] GCQRI ???

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Wed Oct 27 10:39:41 CDT 2010

The first presenter was Dr Vincent Petiard who worked in plant
science for Nestle for 25 years, arguing for focused research in
quality at the level of plant material.

He outlined Nescafes quality research program, amazing in it's
breadth, to trace quality from plant genome through the final result,
the cup. Nestle can actually get enough genetic material from a final
roasted product on the shelf to determined what cultivar the coffee
came from, and they can track each container shipment coming in this
way, if they want to.

The funniest thing is the break right after his speech had "Kenya"
coffee in a big thermal container, and it tasted like typical watery
institutional coffee. I wanted to ask him if we can check it is
really Kenya! Practical applications...
--
-Tom