[Homeroast] Quest M3 tryer usage tips

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:56:47 CDT 2010

Though I've been home roasting for quite a few years, I've never had a
roaster with a tryer.

All that changed with my shiny new Quest M3.

I must admit to being at a loss as exactly how to make use of this
feature.  During the first few roasts I've extracted a few beans
starting just after first crack and have examined and sniffed every
couple of minutes.

I'll eventually begin to make sense of what I see, but it would be
nice to know what I ought to be looking for!

Is there any online source of solid info on how to make use of a
tryer, and what beans changes one should look for?

Steve