[Homeroast] Quest M3

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 10:12:06 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM, ricky carter <rickylc99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been contemplating the purchase of one of these roaster and have a
> question.  When watching the video available on www.coffeeshrub.com, it
> appears to show several different configurations with regards to temperature
> probe locations.
>
> A dial temp gauge is shown in the stock bean mass temp location below the
> trier but in other photos that same single dial gauge is shown in an upper
> right hand location that would be more suitable for measuring ET.
>
> The photos that show the BT gauge location do not show any visible location
> for moving the gauge to an ET location, however the photos with the guage in
> an ET location clearly show a bolt closing off the BT location.
>
> Confusing enough?
>
> It's clear that several different roasters were used to make the video.
> What is the configuration that shrub delivers?

I just received my Quest M3 yesterday.

The thermometer is shipped uninstalled.

I installed my thermometer in the stock bean mass temp location below
the trier, as the instructions indicated.

I've only done one roast so far, but I really love the machine.  I've
used a Hottop for 6 or 7 years and this is definitely a nice upgrade!

Steve