[Homeroast] Calling all profilers: Colombia Peaberry Los Caracoles del Sur

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:38:06 CDT 2010

Ricky - Thanks for the comparison. Would you say that the Caracoles is
closer to the Los Chuchos or Carlos Imbachi in flavor profile?  I pick those
two coffees for compairson because, to me, they seem to represent two styles
of Tolima coffees: a lighter and darker (noir) style.

In my opinion (which is* *worth nil) some Tolima coffee seem to have a
lighter character: honey, golden raisins, and strawberries.  Carlos Imbachi,
Merediano Microlot, and Florestales Maximinio Gutierrez are examples that
come to mind.

Others like the Los Chuchos does seem to have a noir character, as you so
aptly call it.  Dark and drier fruits like fig, currants, and raisins.  A
hint of tannin like flavors: Oolong tea and maybe even some tart apple
skins.  When roasted a hair darker baker's chocolate.