[Homeroast] Behmor frustrations

Scott Miller peechdogg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 13:57:56 CDT 2010

I agree 100% on the batch size making a huge difference and actually
find that's the easiest way to get the roast I want.
Just ran my first batch of a Yirg WP and found the roast went a bit
further than I want. I will add about .30 or .40 ounces to the next
batch.
I don't like doing things like opening the door to slow a roast.
Outside temperatures, wind, humidity, etc. can vary so much as to
really goof things up, IMO.
Once I have found the profile and adjusted time with +/- option,
varying the load weight seems the best option, FOR ME.

One other thing I'll add to this discussion of the Behmor and trying
to get the clarity of a roast to match what a professional, like miKe,
with a fancy machine can get: we are always our worst critic. If you
happen to be near a shop that does great roasts of high quality beans,
and they can do certain beans better than anything you can duplicate
at home, it might be best to let the pro be your source for that
particular bean.
There are plenty of beans a practiced home roaster can do such a fine
job with; enjoy those at home and AMAZE your friends!

cheers,

Scott