[Homeroast] Jimma, first taste

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Oct 20 16:55:04 CDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:05 PM, miKe mcKoffee wrote:
> Some may prefer the over the top in your face narrow focused super stickily
> sweet fruit of the Shakisso Madurro (and we went through 240lb of it after
> Haile ran out) but I'll stand by my earlier statement Jimma is the best SO
> espresso Ethiopia of this year being far more complex, smooth and while
> great fruit at the same time balanced.
>
> And damn fine linger :) BTW that shot was at 12 days rest kickin' butt and
> takin' names...

I pulled a shot today that was 1/8 Indian Sufia Robusta, 1/8 aged sumatra, 3/8 Jimma, and 3/8 Haile.

Wooooooh. Dang near blew my head off with fruity brightness. This is a relatively light roast on the ethiopians, darker on the rest.

(The ethiopians are good as SO, just experimentin' and had a little bit of the HSS left over)

-
allon