[Homeroast] Behmor frustrations

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Oct 19 13:18:51 CDT 2010

At 08:57 AM 10/19/2010, you wrote:
>I will also clean and try to find the metal bend mod.

IMHO, the fact that there is such a mod and it significantly change
the way the roaster works would tend to indicate to me that how your
Behmor works might have little bearing on how mine works and your
trying to use my experience to learn from might end up not being so useful.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

On my Behmor bending that piece of metal took it from occasionally
not being able to reach first crack with 1 pound of beans to being
able to consistently being able to reach second with 1 pound.

And my occasional acquisition of well roasted coffee makes me realize
that either I've a long way to go or the Behmor in it's default
configuration is not capable of the quality of roast that someone who
knows what they're doing can do with a serious roaster.

Ira