[Homeroast] Behmor frustrations

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 06:43:14 CDT 2010

I have gotten beans into the second crack for upwards of a 1:10.  I
normally roast just under a pound, 14 oz.  the results are very
inconsistent  One day I get to the second crack the next day I don't.
The only profile I have had any success with is P3.  I have tried P4
and P5 and had terrible results with the beans turning out way under
roasted.  With P1 and more so with P2 I have also had trouble getting
the beans into the second crack.  If I try to roast at at level below
the second crack the beans turn out grassy.

When I was only roasting for drip it was P3 B with requiring a full
run to a full run with 4 pluses to add time.  Almost always I roast as
much as I can.

Now I can still get this level of roast but the boldness is lacking.
At 5 days the coffee is quite good.  Much better than what is
available locally but after my visit tot he Drowsy Poet in Pensacola I
know just how good the coffee can be and I want to get my self closer
to that mark.