[Homeroast] Paper towel filters

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 00:28:56 CDT 2010

I've done the paper towel filter work-around too, long ago. I hope never to be
that desperate for caffeine again! In those days, the coffee came from a can
when I made it at home, but likely as not I was drinking a coffee-like substance
out of a vending machine. (Damn, I was having a good day until I remembered
that....).

I have both Bonmac (didn't even know they were hemp) and white Chemex filters
for Chemex brewing. Both make excellent coffee without paper taste. My
experience with Melitta bamboo filters is different from that of others',
however -- I get a strong paper taste if I don't rinse them. So, I rinse them
and then they are fine.

About brown filters, I suspect some people will use brown anything, thinking it
is healthier or whatever. Like bread. Think, nine grain coffee filters.

Andy