[Homeroast] Paper towel filters

Jeffrey Kelly jeffrey-kelly at att.net
Mon Oct 18 18:52:06 CDT 2010

"....................This morning after rinsing the filter, as I always do,
I caught a whiff of
it. Brown paper towel. You know, the kind you dry your hands with in some
facilities? Then your hands smell like brown paper towel. Well, that's the
scent that comes from the wet Chemex brown filters.....

John"

I noticed that smell this afternoon with a brown Melitta that I just
switched to.  Using up old forgotten stock.  It was an intense corrugated
cardboard odor once wet.  I was tempted to sip the rinse water but couldn't
bring myself to take the plunge.

-Jeff