[Homeroast] Sour smelling & tasting beans...

John Monteleone johnmonteleone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:25:48 CDT 2010

I've been roasting with the SR500 for about 6 months.  Below is how I
usually get good results.

2 minutes : Fan High, temp low.  Top open and I use a spoon to stir the
coffee continuously. (I also use an oven mitt to stir)
1 minute : Fan High, temp low.  With the top closed.
1 minute: Fan High, temp medium, with the top closed
1st crack usually starts around here.  (4 minutes)
Then I turn the fan to medium and keep the heat at medium for as long as it
needs.
I try to stop the roast right before the 2nd crack.  Depending on the bean,
it's usually between 71/2 and 10 minutes.

John