[Homeroast] Heat Gun method (was List Traffic at Zero)

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Oct 18 07:37:04 CDT 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Martin Maney wrote:

> I was roasting with gun & bowl for somewhat more than a month when I
> first got started.  Unfortunately most of that was the month of
> January, and the unheated (but enclosed) porch was so cold, and varied
> so much, that it made roasting mostly a matter of trying to overcome
> the ambient temperature.

I don't think that ambient is such a problem when you've got enough heat, and an enclosed enough area.
I HG roast in cold weather. It allows you to slow your roast more easily, and when the cooling time comes, just plunge your bowl into the snow and stir the beans around :D

(seriously, though, the fast cooling in the snow does help)
-
allon