[Homeroast] Heat Gun method (was List Traffic at Zero)

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Oct 18 07:05:11 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:17:24PM -0600, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:
>> "...it made roasting mostly a matter of trying to overcome the ambient
>> temperature."
>
> Due to the problem that surface temperatures on the planet are inadequate
> for directly roasting, you have correctly assessed the problem for all
> roasters everywhere. -ro

True enough, and likewise true for any sort of cooking.  Yet somehow
even when grilling over charcoal in the back yard on a cold day it
doesn't feel so much as though the ambient is opposed to the results
you're trying to achieve.  Then again, I almost never try to cook out
of doors in January...

--
This is like making a car shorter by cutting off a few inches
from each end with a Sawzall.  Of course there's little benefit,