[Homeroast] less sweetness roast > Jimma

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 14:03:12 CDT 2010

The less sweet aspect I'd most highly likely primarily attribute to less
convection equaling less even roast, especially intra-bean.

FWIW I've found Jimma to be of such excellent preparation it roasts about
the most even of any DP I've encountered in years. Of course part of the
observation may be a result of constant tweaking my primary USRC Ethiopia DP
profile to the point I (currently) can't think of a way to improve it. But
then again, that's more the cup not the evenness of the roast...

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/

<snip>
> the Behmor roast produced similar flavor characteristics,
> they seemed muddy
> and jumbled in comparison.
>
> Could this be a result of the roast going just a wee bit to far?
>
> The big difference really seems to be the sweetness @ 3 days out.  The
> Behmor roast paled in level of sweetness until today, day 7.
<snip>