[Homeroast] Are there coffees that make good espresso with little rest?

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 23:00:12 CDT 2010

I agree, but without the caveat.

It's nice to benefit from your experience, Bry!  Thanks for sharing!

One (as if only one) problem for me as a small-batch roaster is that inter-roast interval is too long.  It's harder to fine-tune (even if my equipment made it possible).  You can collapse many, many of my "months" into much shorter intervals and can make much more informed changes more rapidly.  Then there is the buildup of "lore" (which beans need which profiles, typically), which clearly helps choose a new profile.

To Newton is attributed "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

You and the other frequent, higher-volume, quality roasters who share with us are giants for us.  Thanks!

happy roasting,

robert