[Homeroast] Are there coffees that make good espresso withlittle rest?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 11:39:50 CDT 2010

To illustrate Bry's point the past week (Last Friday through today Friday)
I've roasted 134# (four 4x8 40# batches - 160greens) of our main Delirium
espresso blend. Roasts date staggered 10/8-10-13-15 so it's always hitting
the hopper(s) 7 to 9 days rests. I'll roast another 40=33.5 Sunday...

Home you can roast ahead by roasting larger amount and freezing portions to
take out as needed. Either freeze directly after roasting to take out and
then rest OR rest to desired usage rest and freeze for immediate use from
freezer.

At one time I used the freezer method for our first café. Went two years
with every shot pulled being previously frozen keeping the window tight. Far
superior to pulling too fresh or stale beans. Now with three coffeehouses
and some wholesale accts (though all but one wholesale run D'Spro) no need
to keep days rest rotation good and still roast optimum batch size for
efficiency.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/