[Homeroast] Are there coffees that make good espresso with little rest?

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:55:23 CDT 2010

Mike,

Besides the other sage advice you'll get from this group, one trick for
early espresso extractions is to grind the coffee 15 minutes or so ahead of
time to let it outgass before pulling the shot.  This helps tame the
problems with really fresh espresso... the bean may still not be at it's
peak though.

I'll have to admit that I've been in the same boat, one of the tricks I use
is to stop by Barefoot Coffee Roasters and pick up a bag of their beans.
It's cheating, I know, but it gets me over the hump when I run out of
coffee.  I need to plan ahead more and roasting full pounds of coffee is
part of my solution.

-Chris