[Homeroast] Are there coffees that make good espresso with little rest?

michael kaericher mike_kae at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 08:48:51 CDT 2010

I admit it; I am am a poor planner.  I often find myself in a situation where I have about 1-2 days worth of espresso beans left.  Waiting a week before having another latte is not an option.  I would like to be able to roast something that will still be great with 1-2 days of rest while I let my main espresso beans rest longer.

Up to now, I've just been roasting a little more of whatever it is that we're having, but in every case that I recall, the coffee is significantly better after about a week.

Any suggestions on something that still works well with not much rest?  If it matters, we drink only latteccinos (my milk texturing is not advanced enough to call the drink one or the other)

Thanks,
Mike