[Homeroast] Roasting with a Pro

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 00:45:55 CDT 2010

<snip>
> Now I am wishing I could control my Behmor the way he could on the
> Diedrich.  It was truly fascinating.
>
> One thing it did confirm, I definitely want a small shop roaster.  Now
> just to figure out how to do it.

"How to do it." Simple really. First you research the various small
commercial roasters out there including calling and talking with the
manufacturer and getting references in your area you can call and visit to
see in person. Once you decide which roaster call that manufacturer back and
place your order and send them a deposit check to begin building yours to
your custom specifications. Now wait 2 to 4 months.

Oh, do you mean how to make that deposit check and final check before
delivery good? That may be another issue:)

One thing is certain, a Behmor can never match the roast quality and roast
control from say a USRC 0.5k, a REAL one pound roaster. Whether one USRC
0.5k is worth about 150 Behmors is a qualitative question.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/