[Homeroast] Jimma

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 00:08:30 CDT 2010

What I've noticed as far as rest is this:
Days 3-6 offer the most stonefruit.  You'll get a little bit of an acidic tang in these days as well, but not overpoweringly so.  These are my favorite days.
Days 5-8 offer a slightly less intense stonefruit, but you start to get a berry note added in.  It drifts between blueberry and strawberry for me.
Beyond 8 days (first, how did you manage to not drink it all before 8 days, lol) it starts to fade into graham cracker and lose it's dynamic parts.  Berry goes first, then the tang, then the stonefruit.
These are all notes relating to SO espresso, as that has been our main brewing focus with this bean.
I start dosing at 16.5 grams on day four (once had it at day 3, but it was a nightmare), adding about half a gram a day, maxing out at 19.5 grams.  We use Synesso double baskets.  Temps are always right around 201.5.  Shot yield is a targeted 24 grams over 26 seconds.
-bry

Bryan Wray

Compass Coffee

360.831.1480

Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens