[Homeroast] Jimma

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 21:52:09 CDT 2010

Nothing wrong with your profile at all! PID = Sweet! I'd suspect with it's a
bit faster ramp browning stage it would push acidity a wee bit more at the
possible expense of complexity and lighter body, though claim part of that
back with bit longer finish stage. Years ago I found that above 20f/min ramp
browning was too fast for my tastes, generally speaking.

So much more air to loft beans equals faster convection. My experience says
beans dry faster. And in reality my "air roasting" with Caffe' Rosto was
with less air flow than "typical" air roasting by my design. (which I could
do because of donut shaped roast chamber with air pushing not lofting beans)
With your I-Roar faster browning stage may be spot on with it's extreme air
flow likely equaling more convection heat transfer to the beans. While I've
had an I-Roar One for a number of years, I've yet to fire it up! my bad:(

Hell I don't have a clue, I just fake it really well:)

miKe