[Homeroast] Jimma

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 21:22:21 CDT 2010

Depends, first greens received first roast first brewing was approximately
1min after dropping the roast still MORE than warm, it heated the SS
container grinds dropped into! And is was good. A bit of a shadow of what it
was to be, but good none the less. Actually brewing within 4 to 6hrs post
roast is great, THEN let it rest 3 to 5 days. Trying to rest 5 days before
hitting the SO hopper. But really, can't keep a great bean down, it's
character just changes different days. Can't say much beyond a week, can't
keep it in the hopper/on the shelf. Just finished roasting another 3x7.1
batches for 18lb roasted, virtually out of the 12b the 4th so will be
hitting the 12lb from the 7th a bit early, again:)

Back to roastin' and baggin' (Batch 4 of 5 8pounders for Delirium in the
drum at the moment, last Delirium 40# run 2 days ago, another 40 Del' days 2
before that, yeah it's gittn' real:) Like to keep roast dates staggered so
when deliverying weekly wholesale customers get staggered dates so they can
keep a tighter "roast window" in the hopper, ideal 9 to 12 days rest...

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/