[Homeroast] Jimma

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Sun Oct 10 21:18:03 CDT 2010

On Oct 10, 2010, at 9:13 PM, miKe mcKoffee wrote:

> Nobody asked, though I think I did post my rough profile in different
> thread, but to avoid ruining a stellar bean with not so successful roasts
> might I suggest:
>
> For drum roaster:
> 300f 6min
> 405f 12min Start of true 1st, not earlies
> 432f 15:15 EOR
> (bean mass temps)
>
> For air roaster (with the caveat I haven't air roasted this bean, strictly
> based on 6 years or so experience controlled profile Caffe' Rosto roasting):
> 300f 5min
> 405f 11min
> 432f 14:15

Just curious, why is there a difference between drum and air, and where do you make your adjustments between the two?
Looks like you did a shorter drying phase with air, and that's all. Is it that way for most beans?

On my PID iRoast, I did 300 @ 5 minutes, 410 @9 min, 435 @13min.
I'll have to adjust to try your profile, and taste the diffs.

> If you can't control your roaster all bets are off...

Oh, I can. I can :D

Lovin' the PID. I've now figured out how to set up 4 separate 8 stage profiles on it.
-
allon