[Homeroast] Jimma

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Sun Oct 10 12:43:58 CDT 2010

Thanks for the plug Mike (checks in the mail -lol)

Seriously, it is a pretty special lot and it is in the "going, going,
gone" phase of it's existence. We have one more natural coming but
the preparation isn't like the Nigussie Lemma and there are some
quakers. After getting this coffee I actually made the decision to go
to Jimma. I havent been to West Ethiopia before since they are bigger
farms and don't put the care into coffee of the smallholders in the
South. But I found actually it is not true in every case, so I need
to go see with my own eyes. Going for harvest time (which is not
really cupping time, but best for learning ---and great photos!), the
first half of November. Can't think about it right now since I just
returned from Colombia late last night...

Tom

>Shouldn't post this from a business perspective since we can't buy all we
>want at once financially speaking and have already purchased 400lb and could
>literally use a Ton or more additional and don't want it to run out too soon
>but my homeroaster roots has to make this post.
>
>I know it's been talked about already but if you're a fan of good, no
>excellent, no stellar, no phenomenal mind blowing dry processed Ethiopia
>coffees do NOT let this one pass you by. It just may be the best SO espresso
>of the year so far. And of course damn fine other brewing methods.
>
>Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
>www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
>URL to Rosto mods, FrankenFormer, some recipes etc:
>http://www.mckoffee.com/
>
>Ultimately the quest for Koffee Nirvana is a solitary path. To know I must
>first not know. And in knowing know I know not. Each Personal enlightenment
>found exploring the many divergent foot steps of Those who have gone before.
>
>Sweet Maria's List - Searchable Archives
>http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/

-Tom