[Homeroast] Drum rotation > Jimma > PID iRoast

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Oct 9 19:40:37 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 10:57:55AM -0400, Allon Stern wrote:
> Airflow has an impact on the roast - note how the 800W Z&D manages as
> compared to the iRoast's 1400W.  The Z&D uses lower airflow, but
> doesn't use the air to agitate the beans.

It's less than that, actually.  Total load is around 800 watts
(actually a bit less once it's warmed up IIRC), but that includes the
motor (probably not a big factor) and the "catalytic" heater, which is
something between 200 and 300 watts, I believe.  Wait a sec, that's
easy to check...

Nope, it's more than that.  Motor plus cat heater is around 350 watts.
So the comparison of the bean heater is 500W to 1400W, more or less.

--
Self-pity can make one weep, as can onions.  -- Fodor